If you’re under 18 years old, you still have all the rights mentioned on this site. However, a parent or guardian must make your data privacy request in writing and send it to us by mail.
If you are a parent or guardian of a minor and would like to receive a disclosure or opt out of the sale of personal information on behalf of your child, here’s what you’ll need to provide:
- A written request stating the CCPA request you would like to make.
- One piece of documentation that provides ‘sufficient proof of authority’ that you have authority to act on behalf of the minor or dependent such as:
- An order issued by a court of law
- A document issued by a Federal, State, or local government agency in the United States showing proof of parentage, including a birth certificate
- With respect to a protected consumer who has been placed in a foster care setting, a written communication from a county welfare department or its agent or designee, or a county probation department or its agent or designee, certifying that the protected consumer is in a foster care setting under its jurisdiction
- Information or documentation that provides ‘sufficient proof of identification’ to verify your identity and the identity of the minor/dependent, such as:
- A social security number or a copy of a social security card issued by the Social Security Administration
- A certified or official copy of a birth certificate issued by the entity authorized to issue the birth certificate
- A copy of a driver’s license, an identification card issued by the motor vehicle administration, or any other government issued identification
Please send your letter and documentation to the following address:Aristotle Privacy officer
205 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20003