Americans have an uncanny ability to adapt, especially when it comes to new technology, and the artificial intelligence (AI) revolution is a prime example of that: While some still have their apprehensions about AI, many are embracing it.
According to a 2022 Pew Research Center survey, 27% of Americans interact with AI “at least several times a day,” and another 28% interact with AI “about once a day or several times a week.”
The bottom line is that millions of people are aboard the AI hype train. Below, we’ll delve into how the groundbreaking technology can empower and bring your advocacy to unprecedented heights.
Understanding the Buzz About AI
Imagine having a tool that can predict trends, identify the best channels for your message, and personalize your campaigns to resonate with the majority of your audience — that’s the power of AI in a nutshell.
At its core, AI uses large amounts of data and advanced algorithms to recognize patterns and make predictions or take action. For advocates in particular, AI can take the form of a super-powered megaphone and a window into the future, all rolled into one.
5 Ways to Harness AI
While there is a lot of mystery surrounding the future of AI, there are already some exciting use cases that can make an immediate impact on your advocacy campaign.
With that being said, five ways to start using AI to amplify your voice include the following:
- Personalized Campaigns: Speak Directly to Your Audience
AI has the ability to analyze data at blistering speeds, meaning you can personalize your advocacy campaigns in real-time and achieve the following:
- Deliver Tailored Messaging: AI tools can assess the preferences, behaviors, and demographics of your audience and tailor the messages accordingly, ensuring your message hits home each time
- Set Custom Engagement Triggers: AI can help determine when it is time to engage (or re-engage) with your audience, maximizing the impact of every message
Never miss an opportunity to communicate with your audience: Deliver the right message to the ideal audience in the perfect format with AI.
- Predictive Analysis: Stay One Step Ahead
By nature, the world of advocacy can be somewhat reactionary. You identify a problem, determine a practical solution, and then mobilize voters and politicians to action. However, AI can help you be more proactive, given the following aspects:
- Trend Spotting Tools: AI can analyze massive amounts of data from social media, news outlets, and forums to spot emerging trends, allowing you to optimize your campaign
- Forecasting Capabilities: AI models can be trained to predict potential policy changes or shifts in voter habits, thereby giving you more time to develop a response plan
If you only get your insights from the evening news, you will always be one step behind. With AI, your advocacy organization is put at the leading edge of cultural movements and political initiatives.
- Enhanced Engagement: Chatbots, Message Automation, and More
One of the toughest elements regarding advocacy is simply educating others about your cause. There are not enough hours in the day to manually communicate with everyone, but AI chatbots and automated messaging tools step in to change that.
With chatbots, your campaign can engage supporters or curious site visitors instantly, providing them with information, resources, or ways to get involved. The sooner you connect with site visitors, the better your chances of getting your message across.
AI tools can also manage your messaging campaigns, sending emails or SMS communications when certain conditions are met. Altogether, it works to alleviate the burden on your team while also ensuring support is kept in the loop.
- Automate and Optimize: Doing More With Less
You’re on a mission where every second counts, and AI can help you automate routine tasks so you can focus on what you do best — affecting meaningful social change. AI technology can assist with things such as:
- Content Creation: Publishing great content is one of the best ways to get your message across, and generative AI tools can help
- Campaign Optimization: AI can analyze campaign performance and help you determine where to allocate your resources
Every campaign is a golden opportunity to bring about real change and further your cause, and you can make each one count with the use of AI.
- Deep Learning: Glimpse Into the Mind of Your Audience
Deep learning is a subset of AI technology that uses neural networks designed to mimic human decision-making. You can use deep learning tools to accelerate your decision-making processes and maximize the reach of your campaign.
Deep learning technology also lets you peer into the minds of your target audience. You can conduct a sentiment analysis to gauge how community members feel about important issues or leverage predictive modeling tools to forecast how specific strategies might play out. In other words, deep learning lets you look past the “what” and understand the “why” behind patterns and behaviors.
Tap Into the Power of AI
If you want to harness the power of AI, you need two things: robust advocacy technology and plenty of high-quality data.
Think of your own learning processes. The more information you have access to, the wiser and more capable you’re able to become. The same concept applies to AI: Its tools need data, and lots of it.
As a leader in political data, Aristotle can help you feed the AI machine with timely, relevant demographic and behavioral insights. Book a demo to learn more, and let’s harness the power of AI together.