Come work in a startup like environment (small team, big challenges, massive growth opportunity, relaxed office culture) with solid company stability (30+ years) and benefits including health, paid holidays, 401K, PTO, remote work friendly and great office views. Together with our 200+ university research partners, we have built PredictIt, into the “The Stock Market of Politics” where 100,000+ ehttp://PredictIt.orgnthusiastic Traders make $1 winner-take-all political forecasts with stunning accuracy thanks to the wisdom of the crowd. Now we need your help taking it to the next level.
As a Quality Control Specialist for PredictIt you will get to work on challenging and rewarding projects across the tech stack: from creating innovative web experiences to redesigning the financial engine at the heart of millions of dollars of transactions. You will also be working on the creation of leading-edge CFTC compliant Designated Contract Market (DCM) and Designated Clearing Organization (DCO) software systems designed to facilitate the trading of financial options and futures. You’ll be part of small team and have opportunities to take on exciting challenges and responsibilities that make the job extremely fulfilling and rewarding.
General Description: The Quality Control Specialist measures and validates software quality via use of industry standard testing tools, automation tools and methodologies. The Quality Control Specialist identifies and documents program defects; researches root causes, and ensure fixes are made.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus 2-4 years of experience in computers and/or applications development and testing.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-4 years of experience in computers and/or applications development and testing.
- 2-4 years of quality assurance and testing experience within a system/networking development environment.
- More than a year of QA automation experience with Selenium.
- Strong experience in Selenium automation is a MUST. Must have experience generating automation tests for Complex Web applications which can be run on multiple browsers using Selenium.
- Must have some experience doing load testing for web applications.
- Understanding of QA principles and the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with preparation of formal test plans, test cases and bug reporting (using an automated bug tracking system).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Windows, MS SQL, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, as well as Excel, Access and other databases.
- Strong Analysis and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and initiative on a day-to-day basis and to initiate and successfully manage testing cycles requiring cooperation among diverse groups.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well on technical subjects in both written and verbal form.
Please click here to Apply.