Come work in a startup like environment (small team, big challenges, massive growth opportunity, relaxed office culture) with solid company stability (30+ years) and benefits including health, paid holidays, 401K, PTO, remote work friendly and great office views. Together with our 200+ university research partners, we have built PredictIt.org, into the “The Stock Market of Politics” where 100,000+ enthusiastic Traders make $1 winner-take-all political forecasts with stunning accuracy thanks to the wisdom of the crowd. Now we need your help taking it to the next level.
As a Database Administrator (DBA) for PredictIt you will get to work on challenging and rewarding projects across the tech stack. You will also be working on the creation of leading-edge CFTC compliant Designated Contract Market (DCM) and Designated Clearing Organization (DCO) software systems designed to facilitate the trading of financial options and futures. You’ll be part of small team and have opportunities to take on exciting challenges and responsibilities that make the job extremely fulfilling and rewarding.
- Production support: troubleshoot, report, and prioritize bugs on operational issues with the production data pipeline
- Improve and promote operational scalability and standardization
- Resolves complex database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
- Index maintenance
- Setting up backup, replication, load balancing and clustering
- Monitor and tuning databases for efficiency and help drive improvements
- Diagnose OS, network and storage issues
- Work with development team to help them create highly reliable data applications
- Tuning hardware and software settings.
- Create tools and processes to automate administration and monitoring
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area
- 5 years of solid DBA experience with MSSQL
- Knowledge of statistical concepts
- Experience handling large amounts of data
- Solid skills in database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures
- Strong Database Management skills, including backup and recovery procedures
- Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
- Advance knowledge of MS SQL, SSRS
- Some understanding of financial markets and market structure
- Strong writing skills
Please click here to Apply.