Aristotle is the leading political technology and data company in the world. Our team of experts comes from all facets of tech, political and corporate backgrounds to offer the most powerful tools to campaigns, elected officials, voters, government organizations, corporations, nonprofits and PACs all over the world, no matter their democratic ideology.
The Political Finance Accountant will provide Political Action Committee (PAC) accounting and disbursement management services to our clients. The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing and mailing payments prepared by compliance managers for client PACs. Additional tasks include entering or managing the entry of data in client PAC databases; screening proposed contributions against relevant prohibitions and limits; performing regular bank reconciliations; and assisting compliance managers or clients in PAC management and internal reporting. This position requires extreme attention to detail, ability to manage or switch among multiple tasks rapidly, and ability to meet multiple statutory deadlines.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES 5 DAY A WEEK PRESENCE IN ARISTOTLE’S WASHINGTON, DC (CAPITOL HILL) OFFICE: NOT ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK.
- Review disbursement checks against client requests to ensure accuracy and appropriate approvals.
- Mail or otherwise initiate delivery of checks pursuant to client instructions, including printing and collation of cover letters.
- Import or enter receipt and disbursement activity and HR files in PAC software.
- Perform banking services (account set-up, deposits, check preparation, ledger, and reconciliation) for client PACs.
- Track disbursement limits and prohibitions.
- Prepare financial and PAC management reports.
- Prepare letters to accompany disbursements as needed.
- Respond to client requests in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Complete external and internal training to expand PAC accounting skills.
- BA/BS in accounting, a related field, or equivalent job experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software suite and tools, including Excel.
- Facility with QuickBooks.
- Professional and interpersonal skills required to develop and foster positive relationships.
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, as well as a part of a team.
- General knowledge of the legislative process and interest in politics.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in filing federal and state campaign finance reports.
- Experience in filing Federal or state lobbying disclosure reports.
- Experience in filing non-profit tax returns (990, 1120 POL)
Please click here to Apply.