Come work in a startup like environment (small team, big challenges, massive growth opportunity, relaxed office culture) with solid company stability (30+ years) and benefits including health, regular holidays, 401K, PTO, and great office views. Together with our 200+ university research partners, we have built PredictIt.org, into the “The Stock Market of Politics” where more than 100,000 enthusiastic Traders make $1 winner-take-all political forecasts with stunning accuracy thanks to the wisdom of the crowd. Now we need your help taking it to the next level.
As a Data Analyst for PredictIt you will need to understand the site and our data well enough to be the go-to expert who can help answer the hard questions. Under the direction of the Director of Software Development, you’ll work with different teams to make sure your coworkers have the data insights they need to do their jobs. You will work on several projects at a time, and you’ll need to balance ad hoc requests with medium- and long-term priorities set by management. Because our team is small, you may be asked to help with other work that doesn’t align with the typical responsibilities of a data analyst (e.g., writing a story for the PredictIt homepage, producing material for marketing to share, drafting process documents, communicating with academic research partners, etc.). You will be expected to put in the work, and wherever possible, improve the process to make it easier in the future. However, as a member of a small team you will also get to take on challenges and responsibilities that make the job extremely fulfilling and rewarding.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who can come in and take our data analysis process/systems to the next level. Specifically, we need someone who can:
- Provide ad hoc reports and data sets based on end user requests
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and clean data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- 2+ years of solid SQL Development experience
- Advance knowledge of SQL, SSRS
- Knowledge of statistical concepts
- Experience using statistical software (R/Python preferred)
- Experience using visualization software (Power BI, Tableau, etc.).
- Ability to present research findings via oral and written analysis
- Google Analytics
- Database Management skills, including backup and recovery procedures
- Experience in some combination of data science, statistical modeling, and business analytics
- Some understanding of financial markets and market structure
Please click here to Apply.