PredictIt is a unique and exciting real-money site that tests your knowledge of political events by letting you trade shares on everything from the outcome of an election to a Supreme Court decision to major world events.
Created with Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, and supported by Aristotle International, Inc., a U.S. provider of data processing and verification services, PredictIt operates under the terms of a No Action letter granted by the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in October, 2014.
PredictIt is “The Stock Market of Politics” where more than 100,000 Traders make $1 winner-take-all bets on developments worldwide in politics. Since inception, over one billion shares have traded on events such as: Who will be the eventual Democratic nominee?…What will President trump tweet next?…Will there be a government shutdown or an impeachment vote?
If it is political and in the news; our PredictIt Traders can put money on it.
- Plan and manage the Aristotle hosted application infrastructure as it relates to proper functioning of the various Aristotle and 3rd party software components. Deploy, maintain, and troubleshooting services
- Detect, prioritize and resolve incidents
- Identify and document common recovery procedures for service impacting incidents
- Understand live support workflows to develop ongoing performance efficiencies and quality improvements
- Oversee the proper operation of the Windows/IIS/SQL Server hosted web services and applications ensuring 24x7x365 availability
- Develop and report key performance indicators illustrating team and system performance.
- Define and continuously review processes to improve efficiencies and overall performance.
- Monitor system performance and identify systemic issues.
- Responsible for accuracy of all documentation related to server and application infrastructure and product deployments
- Work with IT to implement security policies and directives.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in operations and/or software development in a software-as-a-service (SaaS) environment
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Experience in web services, IIS, SQL Server 2005 required
- Experience in live services operations preferred
- Working experience with Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Windows Server 2003/2008
- Working experience with ASP.NET hosted applications
- Working experience with e-mail delivery infrastructure. Need to know about black listing and white listing services and MX records etc.
- Experience with system and IIS administration
- Experience with the ASP.NET hosting on IIS 6 and IIS 7 on both Windows 2003 and Windows 2008
- Experience with SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 with both SQL programming and database job/performance management
- Experience with .NET programming and deploying assemblies
- Experience with Windows hosting
- We are looking for people who are passionate about the software industry and want to work with the best and brightest.
- Scripting capabilities and server imaging experiences to help automate customer deployments with cost, speed and accuracy as foremost priorities a big plus
Please click here to Apply.